Gauhati University has today [28/04/2020] released an updated academic calendar 2020 for the University classes and its affiliated colleges/ institutions.
1. For U.G. Courses:
- Admission to Degree Courses to be completed by 15 July, 2020 subject to declaration of class XII results on time.
- 2nd, 4th and 6th semester U.G. Examination to be held simultaneously in the month of July, 2020 as it is linked with new admission at higher level(s).
- All remaining Internal Examinations for U.G. course to be assignment based/home assignment based.
- Those U.G. students for whom Physical based, lab-based, and field work based activities are hampered due to the Covid-19 pandemic, such students may submit library/e-library based project work for the ongoing semester only.
2. For P.G. Courses:
- All P.G. Examinations will commence after 15 August, 2020.
- All remaining Internal Examinations for P.G. course to be assignment based/home assignment based.
- P.G. Entrance Examinations for the session 2020-2021 to be held depending on completion of Examinations as mentioned in Point 1 (b) above but before 15th September, 2020.
- New Academic Session to be started by 15th September, 2020.
- The 1st and 3rd semester P.G. Classes to continue up to 18 December, 2020.
- Study Leave for 1st and 3rd semester students will be from December 19 to 27, 2020.
- Examinations for the 1st and 3rd semester for P.G. Classes for new academic sessions will be held from December 28, 2020 and to be completed by January 2021.
- Commencement of Classes of 2nd and 4″ semester P.G. Classes for the session 2020-2021 will start from January, 2021 (for students who will be completing 1st and 3rd semester Classes by that time).
- Those P.G. students for whom Physical based, lab based and field work based activities are hampered due to the Covid-19 pandemic, such students may submit library/e-library based project work for the ongoing semester only.
3. All B.Ed. Examinations will commence from the last week of July, 2020.
4. All LL.B Examinations will commence as per the schedule of U.G. Examinations as mentioned above.
5. All M.Ed. Examinations will commence as per the schedule of P.G. Examinations as mentioned above.
The above steps have been taken with the assumption that academic activities in the state will restart from 1st June, 2020.
The schedule may change subject to any mandatory/ recommendatory guidelines, if any, issued by the UGC and Govt. of Assam in due course of time.
The examinations not covered by this notification shall be notified separately by the Controller of Examinations, G.U.
Official Notification Click Here
Gauhati University Click Here