Assam Combined Entrance Examination is a common entrance exam conducted by Assam Science & Technological University for admission to engineering courses offered by various colleges in Assam. Assam CEE is a state-government controlled centralized entrance examination. It is one of the most important exams for students seeking admission in both government and private colleges of Assam. Candidates who wish to take admission in B-Tech courses can appear for this entrance test.
Assam CEE 2020 Application Form has been extended till 24th April 2020.
Eligibility For Admission :
To be eligible for admission to any of the colleges a candidate must fulfill the following
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- For admission, the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40% in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE – 2020).
- The Candidate must not be above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2020. The upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates. The upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Candidate must possess a good moral character.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
The CEE-2020 will be conducted as per the latest syllabus of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
The question paper contains questions both in English and Assamese language.
Mode of Exam :
The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
Type of Questions :
The question paper will be of multiple-choice questions.
Number of Questions :
The question paper will contain 120 questions.
- Physics – 40 Questions
- Chemistry – 40 Questions
- Mathematics – 40 Questions
Marking Scheme :
- 4 marks will be provided for each right answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
Important Dates :
- Starting of online application form – 2nd March 2020
- Closing date of online application form – 24th April 2020
- Issue of Admit cards online – Not declared yet
- CEE 2020 examination date – Not declared yet
- Examination Timings – 11 AM – 02 PM
- Declaration of the result – May 2020
Examination Centers :
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Here: Click Here
Results will be published on the web site: www.astu.ac.in